- Arrive in the evening after work and feel all the stresses and strain of suburban life slowly drain away from you. The location offers the most incredible silence and stillness and of an evening the outstanding beauty of the stars above is breathtaking.
- Draw back the curtains at the start of a new day and see both the wonderful countryside and majestic resident horses, with the back-drop of the glistening sea view - truly unforgettable. Feeling relaxed and rested after a wonderful night's sleep, plan some fantastic walks along the coastal path, finishing up at the quaint Ty Coch Inn for lunch and a glass of chilled white wine – perfect.
- Take in the most spectacular beaches on the Llŷn Peninsula starting with Porth Dinllean accessed through the breath-taking Nefyn Golf Club, where all the holes on the golf course boast a spectacular sea view, continuing along the amazing coast line to Whistling Sands, Aberdaron where Bardsley Island can be viewed. Maybe stop for coffee en-route before reaching the pretty picturesque fishing village of Abersoch. I always stop at Hells Mouth to take in the view which has a Mediterranean feel in every way. The stone and sand beach stretches four miles long and is considered to be one of the best surfing beaches in Wales. With an array of restaurants in Abersoch to suit all palettes, I can recommend The Coconut Kitchen, a Thai Restaurant in the village, before the drive back home to the Retreat.
- Follow the main foot path from Natural Retreats Llŷn Peninsula and head up to the hill from the Retreat to a ridge overlooking Nefyn Bay. There is a fantastic elevated vantage point which is an amazing place to see the incredible sunsets – named by many of our guests as a major highlight of their holiday, and I would definitely agree - sometimes the best things in life are definitely free!
- On my first visit to Nant Gwtheryn Welsh Heritage Centre, just a mere eight minutes away, I was totally shocked to see the weave of stunning beauty, Welsh history and culture. This is a fantastic place to visit when you first arrive on your holiday due to the proximity of the centre from the Retreat, set alongside sensational views over coastal waters. A lovely homely café waits with a range of refreshments in a beautiful valley setting, with its very own resident comical meandering sheep.
Donna Wan, Reservations and Concierge